Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Movie - Mr. Krueger's Christmas


Jimmy Stewart, sometimes called, 'America's most beloved actor,' made two great Christmas movies.  His most famous is called, 'It's a Wonderful Life,' and can be seen in its entirety on Youtube, (if you follow the link).

His other Christmas movie was made for television in 1980 and is called, 'Mr Krueger's Christmas'.  Perhaps you've seen it?  

I know everyone gets pretty busy at Christmas, but if you've got about 26 minutes, I think you'll like this?  It's a little dated now, but still has a wonderful Christmas spirit about it.  The last link below is to a pivotal scene in the film, and is under 4 minutes, if you only have a couple of minutes.  Even better though to start at Part 1, to get the whole gist of things.  This short movie was made by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but its message is universal and non-denominational.   Happy Christmas season!


(Part 1 of Mr. Krueger's Christmas)


(Part 2 of Mr. Krueger's Christmas)


(Part 3 of Mr. Kruger's Christmas)


(Excerpt from manger scene)




2 comments:

  1. I love both of these movies!! I've always remembered It's a Wonderful Life. In fact, I think I was telling Robbie about it just the other day. And I LOVE Mr Kruger's Christmas. So sweet and brings such a lovely spirit :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete