Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April Fools!!!

I love a good joke.  The kind that catches me unaware and has me 'falling for it' before suddenly realizing I've been 'had'.  April Fools day this year fell on Easter Monday, so in my world at least, it sort of passed unnoticed (apart from all the Facebook memes recommending Easter egg hunts with no Easter eggs as a merry way to combine the two days!)

When I got back to work yesterday though, I noticed online that there had been a slew of really excellent April Fools day jokes  from some of the world's biggest companies, going viral and catching thousands of people off guard.  Here are a few of my favourites.... 


Richard Branson announces glass-bottomed planes



Google Maps Introduced 'Treasure Mode'.... Classic!



YouTube announces it's time to Shut Down
(This one is my absolute favourite by the way, if you have time to watch this video, you definitely should!)


And then to make the prank even more awesome, they followed up with this video:


To quote from an article I read in Time's website:
Two award presenters have been reading descriptions from YouTube videos ("nominees" for "best video") for the past seven hours. Live. Non stop. You can and should watch, it's deadpan performance art at its finest. 
I can't… I can't process this level of commitment to a prank.

At this point, I'm not sure when they'll stop, but the header claims the following:

"Every video uploaded over the past eight years is under consideration to win YouTube. Our presenters will be announcing all the nominees for 12 hours every day over the next two years. Tune in for Day 1 of our live ceremony."

Which probably means they're going for twenty four hours, but… I don't know. I'm starting to think they'll go longer. What do you think? Is this the greatest thing ever? How long before they pass out? STAY TUNED! IT'S ALL LIVE!



Oh, and if you're a member of my Church, then you may also enjoy this article, which actually had me going for a while :)

Hope you enjoy these pranks!  And remember, it's only 364 days till next April Fools day... so it's probably a good time to start plotting.... muwahahahahah!

:)

xo Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Ha, Ha, glass bottom plane.

    April Fools Day just passed me by, thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete